Trail of the Vagrant Star
A downloadable Tabletop RPG
TRAIL OF THE VAGRANT STAR a sci-fantasy tabletop roleplaying game with a focus on travel and narrative play. It's light on rules, but supports a wide range of characters and adventures.
It takes place in a vast, unexplored fantasy world in which a shift in society has been abruptly introduced through an otherworldly source; a mysterious cache containing thousands of years of technological advancements. As a result, the inhabitants of this world slowly begin to explore and expand further than ever before, through landscapes once rendered unreachable due to monsters and other dangers.
The stories told in this world follow groups of Vagrants as they venture through far-away lands and uncover the mysteries of the world.
The Core Playtest Rulebook includes:
- Task Resolution & Character Creation rules that create tangible mechanical support from freeform narrative elements. Your ancestry, character background, virtues and skills, and even your own willingness to put your Body, Mind and Spirit to the test can have an impact on your chances of success.
- An extensive and in-depth Journey & Exploration system that provides a solid structure for sandbox-style campaigns. Travel across vast regions with their own unique aspects, survive the elements, and watch as the seasons advance over the course of the campaign.
- Freeform Equipment and a Tag-based weapon creation system. Create your own unique weapons and make use of streamlined tools & defenses, and use them like an extension of your character.
- Fast and brutal Skirmish rules that put your quick thinking and teamwork to the test. Fight your way through beasts, monsters, machines and apparitions tailored by the GM's creativity, and live to fight another day!
- Magic rules inspired by pagan folklore that leave the true versatility of magic in the hands of the Sorcerers that wield it, making use of evocative materials, rituals, and deals with wandering spirits to work with a unique brand of folk magic.
- Screen and Print versions of the PDF, and five Play Aids providing support for various aspects of play: a Character Sheet, a Lunar Calendar, a blank Overland Hex Map, a relationship and contracts tracker for Clans & Companies, and an Adversary Sheet.
⬥ · 🞚 · 🞛 · 🞚 · ⬥
Join the development discord to get exclusive insight into the development of the game!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Alpha v0.095 - THE DICE UPDATE43 days ago
- Alpha v0.094 - Print-Friendly Version! + Dev's ThoughtsOct 29, 2019
- Alpha v0.093 - Big QoL + New Guidelines™ and Stuff™Oct 24, 2019
- Alpha v0.92 - Late Night CleanupOct 18, 2019
- Alpha v0.091 - Clans & CompaniesSep 08, 2019
- Alpha v0.09 - THE JOURNEY UPDATEAug 15, 2019
- Alpha v0.089 - Cleanup & InjuriesJul 28, 2019
- Patreon + Behind the ScenesJul 08, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.